Pages

Annie Sloan Paris Grey.......a fun day!

Monday, August 20, 2012

I decided I needed some time to play, playing for me is trying new paint colors and techniques!  I love the new Chalk Paint craze and decided to open up some cans that I stockpiled last year in anticipation of creating great things....now was the moment!  I have always been afraid of grey paint, but was pleasantly surprised at how much I liked the color on a small decorative side table that was lined up for painting. 
The Paris Grey felt right for this dainty 1920s side table...I am a fan of heavy distressing so I sanded her down with a sanding block, allowing her to take on a personality of her own...
Once she was distressed in "all the right places", I took out my handy wax brush and went to town with some soft wax......I loved the way the wax darkened the Paris Grey.....just the shade I was hoping for....
and then......
Tres Chic!
Using Paris Grey, Annie Sloan chalk paint on this pretty little table was the Saturday afternoon adventure I was in need of!  She came out so pretty!

share this on »
{Facebook}
{Twitter}
{Pinterest}
5 Comments »

5 Responses to “Annie Sloan Paris Grey.......a fun day!”

  1. I love Paris Grey! That little feminine table look gorgeous in her new color!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is one chic little table! I love the details of it and the color is perfect. Of course, so is the paint!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Knew you would like the paint brand, Amy! XO

      Delete
  3. Of course I am reading this after painting an ugly chair white. I thought it looked like chalk, but there you go! After distressing, was going to use a glaze to tone it down but now you've got me interested in the soft wax. I could not imagine painting furniture gray (ugh) but that table looks fabulous!

    ReplyDelete