Pages

An Ode to Fall...Time to Re-feather our Nests!

Thursday, October 8, 2009

White pumpkins, late summer sage, does it get any better than this?  Pretty soon the frost will be on the pumpkin, one of our favorite times of year, the fall offers such pretty yields of the summer that was.  The sage is so happy in this cool weather, ready to be picked and dried, reminders of the cooking to be done when the weather turns blustery......stuffed, herbed chicken, roasted with sage....what a pleasure....and then, pumpkin pie, sugar and spice and all things nice!  Fall harvest time is upon us.

The last of the summer roses are still blooming, a few of my favorite bees are still seeking out the last of the nectar to be had, I even saw one of the foxgloves blooming, another reminder of a sweet summer gone by.  The sun was warm and the shadows getting long and it was still early in the day. The blue hydrangea has turned a gorgeous shade of green and purple...perfect for placing in our favorite shabby, chippy containers.











Fall is a time to start thinking about collecting, adding to collections that have been started and now need some new, fabulous updates!  We have come across some awesome chalk-ware statues, great for adding to little vignettes or to your decorating projects.  Right now we have two very pretty chalk-ware statues on our "Pretty Things" page for sale on our web site, just waiting for your decorating prowess!
This statue of a young girl with a dog has been left in a natural chalk-ware state, no finish has been added to this vintage, one-of-a kind piece.
Little boy blue, (although he is painted white!) is holding a bountiful basket of fruits and flowers.  This vintage chalk-ware statue has been painted a gloss white sometime in it's lifetime and does have some chippy spots here and there....so shabby chippy chic!
I love collecting little bits and pieces, items that come from memorable times in life.  When I was first married, my husband found a great spot on our property for digging treasures.  His yeld was mostly old ketchup bottles, Listerine bottles and odds and ends from the turn or the century, but he did find me some very pretty milk glass cosmetic jars that look great together in a collection.  Proof that the lady of the house used face creams!  I wonder if they ever dreamed we would be digging up their trash using it for display treasures?  One never knows.......

share this on »
{Facebook}
{Twitter}
{Pinterest}
9 Comments »

9 Responses to “An Ode to Fall...Time to Re-feather our Nests!”

  1. Welcome to blogging!!! I LOVE your furniture! It's gorgeous! I added you to my favorites...I can tell already that I'm going to love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like your off to a wonderful start! I too have added you to our blog list.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely treasures! I have become a follower...Pop over for a visit!
    Blessings~LillySue

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know I am going love coming here often. The things you have shown today are beautiful. The last photo is just filled with so many treaures.

    Iris

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow I'm new here, stopping by from Cindy's, love the pics and your blog...the first pumpkin shot is divine!

    happy blogging, enjoy show and tell visits!

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great treasures - thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love it over here and I agree with Cindy I can tell I'm going to enjoy visiting your blog, I'm adding you to my fav's too!! Your Fall decor looks so pretty, welcome to blogging and if you get a chance stop by for a vist(;
    Hugs~Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your pictures are beautiful! This is my first time visiting (from Cindy's blog). I will be back to visit. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have such pretty things! I especially love the vignette up top of the white pumpkins. I am rather partial to white pumpkins. And the things "unearthed" by the husband. True treasures!
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete